A Critical Study of the Rule of Benedict - SET
The work of Dom Adalbert de Vogüé, OSB (1924–2011) serves as the basis of all serious study of the Rule of Benedict.
You can purchase all the 3 volumes in the series with a 20% discount.
The Set includes:
- Volume 1: Overview
- Volume 2: Prologue, Chapters 4, 6, 7 and 73
- Volume 3: Liturgy, Sleeping Arrangements, and the Penal Code (RB 8-20, 22-30, 42-46)
"This translation is certainly a welcome addition to Benedictine scholarship on the Rule of Benedict and the Rule of the Master, by one of its foremost scholars. It represents a careful and meticulous, yet easy to read representation of the original. It is a work that needs to be in every academic library that takes up theological and monastic works and would serve monastic houses where the study of RB and its sources is undertaken beyond a cursory reading of introductions to the Rule."
About the Author
Adalbert de Vogüé was born in 1924 and became a monk of Pierre-qui-Vire in 1944. He taught patristics and early monasticism at Sant'Anselmo in Rome. From 1974-2011 he lived as a hermit near his monastery. His six-volume work on the Rule of St. Benedict is considered to be the definitive work on the Rule. He was regarded as the authority on the Rule of Benedict and the Rules of western monasticism. In recent years he published twelve volumes on the history of western monasticism.
|Publication Date||Dec 31, 2018|
|Author||Adalbert de Vogüé|
- The Monastic RulesSpecial Price $13.97 Regular Price $19.95
- Francis of Assisi: Early Documents - Complete SetSpecial Price $245.46 Regular Price $350.65
- The Works of Saint Augustine - Set of 44 VolumesSpecial Price $1,827.60 Regular Price $3,046.00
- Victorine Texts in Translation - SetSpecial Price $237.20 Regular Price $338.85