John of the Smiles
This is the story of a 5-year-old boy with cancer who brought a ray of sunshine into the lives of people around him. John seemed to have an innate understanding of and ability to love. Those qualities endeared him to many, and were the driving force behind the worldwide spread of his story. Like all stories of heroes facing impossible odds, it deserves telling and retelling.
"An inspirational story about a boy’s battle with cancer and the profound effect on his family and friends, movingly recounted by author Geraldine Guadagno. But it’s also a story about God’s compassion and care made known in their lives. A “must read” – but with a box of tissues at the ready."
Publishing Director, Anno Domini Publishing, UK
"John of the Smiles explores the spiritual journey and transformation of a young boy and his family as they endured his terminal illness. By exploring the details of little John’s short but extraordinary life, Ms. Guadagno reveals how a family and community embraced the illness and experienced the closeness of God’s love right in front of them. Even though little John had a frail body, Ms. Guadagno demonstrates how God revealed a treasure within little John and how Christ’s “power was made perfect in weakness.”
Assoc. Professor History, Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
About the Author
Geraldine Guadagno has written articles and books for children and adults, including Irene the Elephant and 5 Steps to Facing Suffering, also published by New City Press.
|Publication Date||Nov 30, 2016|
- Chiara LuceSpecial Price $9.07 Regular Price $12.95
- Chiara LubichSpecial Price $10.47 Regular Price $14.95
- Gifts from HeavenSpecial Price $8.37 Regular Price $11.95
- Thriving Marriages 2nd editionSpecial Price $10.47 Regular Price $14.95
- 5 Steps to Building Unity in a MarriageSpecial Price $5.57 Regular Price $7.95
- 5 Steps to Great ParentingSpecial Price $3.47 Regular Price $4.95