1. COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION BY NCP
2. WHAT NCP DOES (AND DOESN'T DO) WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
4. REVIEWING AND MAKING CHANGES TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
5. ACCESSING MY NEW CITY PRESS ONLINE INFORMATION
6. SAFETY OF YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION
7. SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8. UNDERAGE USERS
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS
10. SOCIAL MEDIA
11. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
INTRODUCTION (↑ top)
New City Press
202 Comforter Blvd.
Hyde Park, NY 12538
Newcitypress.com's policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our users. This policy's statement tells you how we collect information from you and how we use it. Using the internet should be a fun and positive experience and we want to help you enjoy it.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION BY NCP (↑ top)
Personally identifiable information about visitors to this Site (that is, information such as a visitor's name, email address, mailing address, or telephone number) is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. Such information may be requested in connection with orders, surveys, forums, subscription registrations, content submissions, chats, guestbooks, requests for suggestions, visitors' requests for products or services, and visitors' requests for additional information. NCP does not require a visitor to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the online activity he or she is interested in.
We use the information mentioned above to:
- obtain customer feedback and improve our customer service
- communicate offers on merchandise and services which we believe will be of interest to you
- provide you with requested information
- contact you with special promotions or new products
- send catalogs and announcements
- improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device of choice
- tailor content, recommendations and offers we display to you, both on the Sites and elsewhere online
- notify you about changes to our Site
- keep our Sites safe and secure
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
2. WHAT NCP DOES (AND DOESN'T DO) WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT (↑ top)
NCP uses personally identifiable information only for the purpose listed above unless we disclose other uses at the time of collection, in which case you will have the opportunity to instruct us not to use your data in other ways (i.e., "opt-out").
NCP may share personally identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- With other non-profit organizations whose missions are similar and whose products we think you will appreciate hearing about. You will have the opportunity to instruct us not to share your information in these ways (i.e., "opt-out") writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
3. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (↑ top)
When visitors come to our Site, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which web pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks, if any, were "clicked" by the visitor. NCP, like most major web sites, collects such information by placing small bits of information, known as "cookies", on the hard drive of your computer to log IP addresses, operating system (e.g., Windows or Macintosh), type of browser software (e.g., Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and Internet service providers (e.g., AOL or NET.COM) used by each visitor to the Site.
Cookies enable us to do a number of things to make your visit and future visits to the site more enjoyable. For example, cookies allow a visitor to quickly log on to a site he/she has used before by storing a password. By tracking how many people visit our Site and where they go, we are able to determine which part of the Site users like the best, which part needs some improvement and what changes should be made. By obtaining this information, we are able to continually improve our Site and bring you the best online experience possible.
NCP does not save credit card information in a cookie.
Please click here for more information about managing cookies. We work with third parties to provide us with analytics reports about your usage of our Sites using cookies or similar technologies. To opt out of Google Analytics, please click here.
Our Site can contain pixel tags, web beacons, and clear gifs embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, allowing a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, checking whether and when you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determining, among other things, the IP address of your computer and the URL of the web page from which the pixel tag was viewed.
4. REVIEWING AND MAKING CHANGES TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (↑ top)
According to the Privacy Shield Principles, the EU GDPR, and other applicable privacy laws, you have the right to:
- Know what Personal Information NCP has about you;
- Ensure your Personal Information is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which NCP collected it;
- Make your Personal Information portable to another data controller;
- Withdraw your consent to NCP processing your Personal Information; and
- Have your Personal Information erased.
If you would like to review, correct, receive a copy of, or erase the Personal Information we have about you or withdraw your processing consent, please send us your request using our contact page (click here) or the email email@example.com or write to us at New City Press, 202 Comforter Blvd., Hyde Park, NY 12538. Unless a legal exemption applies, we will respond to all such requests within thirty (30) days. If you would like to know whether we have collected personal information about you, please provide us with the activities that you participated in on the Site, which requested personal information. After we have reviewed the relevant databases, we will confirm whether we have collected such information about you. Prior to changing or deleting such information, we require that you provide us with proof of your name and address, such as a valid driver's license. Once we have received such proof and determined that it is satisfactory, we will immediately delete or modify your information in our database and refrain from collecting any other personally identifiable information from you, if you so request. However, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases that may or may not contain personally identifiable information. This residual information will not be given to any other third party or used for any commercial purpose.
You may choose to opt-out of email communications by NCP by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of those communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please allow us time to delete information about you from such communications and remember that we can only delete such information if you provide us with all email addresses you have used with us; otherwise, we will delete the email address for the communication for which you are opting out.)
5. ACCESSING MY NEW CITY PRESS ONLINE INFORMATION (↑ top)
By creating an account at New City Press, you can review your account at any time and update your information. Your account information is secure and is accessible by using a password that you select. To become a registered user or to modify your current preferences, click here.
6. SAFETY OF YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION (↑ top)
To ensure the security of your information, our site uses "Secured Socket Layer (SSL)." SSL is one of the most sophisticated programs available used to encrypt data as it is sent across the Internet. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately.
Your payment information is collected by our payment processor (Authorize.net) and is not stored within our Site.
7. SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (↑ top)
NCP has established and maintains reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of Personal Information collected by this Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. If NCP learns of a security breach that may affect your data, we will notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues related to your use of the Site.
8. UNDERAGE USERS (↑ top)
If you are under the age of eighteen (18) years, you may use this web site and purchase products and services through the use of this web site only with the involvement and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without the parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable amount of time.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS (↑ top)
Our site includes links to other websites which are not our subsidiary or affiliated companies. These websites are not owned or operated by us and we are not responsible for their actions or activities. We encourage you to review the privacy and security policies of these websites and advertisers.
10. SOCIAL MEDIA (↑ top)
Our Sites may provide you with the ability to register, log into, “like” or otherwise interact with third party social media services, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and other social media services. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control these social media services or your profiles on these services, and we do not establish privacy settings or rules for how your personal information on these services will be used. If you choose to log on to or submit information through any of these social media services, your personal information will be subject to the applicable social media service’s terms and conditions and your current privacy settings on such social media service. By accessing any social media service, you will be assuming the risk that the personal information you provide on that service may be viewed and/or used by third parties for any purpose. You agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by these social media service providers.
11. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS (↑ top)
By using this site, you signify your assent to New City Press of the Focolare Movement Inc. and Newcitypress.com. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our sites. Your continued use of the Newcitypress.com and affiliated sites after the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.