The Art of Loving
In disarmingly simple down-to-earth language Chiara Lubich draws her readers into the very heart of evangelical love and gently challenges them to start living it. She never tired of repeating the ideas that shine through each of the texts collected in this volume. Even as she lay dying, she urged those around her to spread the gospel message of unity and peace to everyone.
The few simple phrases that compose her Art of Loving, drawn from the gospels, disclose the secret of human fulfillment found in divine love: “Love everyone,” “Be the first to love,” “Love your neighbor as yourself,” “Love each other as I have loved you,” “Make yourself one.”
The Golden Rule, the universal message of Christianity and the essence of every great religion, is written into the spiritual DNA of every person, even those who seem far from God. In today’s ever-changing society The Art of Loving can serve as a daily handbook for anyone who wishes to heed what Chiara Lubich understood to be the primary vocation of every human person and the source of personal and collective fulfillment: the call of Love.
About the Author
An internationally known religious leader and writer, Chiara Lubich (1920-2008) was founder and the first president of the Focolare, an ecclesial movement that in her lifetime spread to 182 countries. Recognition for her work by universities, agencies, foundations, local governments, states and nations has included thirteen honorary doctorates, the Templeton Prize for Progress of Religion (1977) and the UNESCO Peace Prize (1996). Her books, more than 50 translated into 29 languages, have sold more than one million copies.
|Publication Date||Jun 30, 2010|
- Essential WritingsSpecial Price $17.47 Regular Price $24.95
- Chiara Lubich’s Communitarian Way to HolinessSpecial Price $4.17 Regular Price $5.95
- 15 Days of Prayer with Chiara LubichSpecial Price $9.77 Regular Price $13.95
- A New WaySpecial Price $9.07 Regular Price $12.95
- FocolareSpecial Price $11.87 Regular Price $16.95
- Costly LoveSpecial Price $11.17 Regular Price $15.95
- The Cube of PeaceSpecial Price $6.99 Regular Price $9.99
- The Cube of LoveSpecial Price $5.57 Regular Price $7.95