The Francis Trilogy
Within two years after his mentor's death, Thomas of Celano composed The Life of Saint Francis of Assisi, a portrait of the newly canonized Umbrian. Less than twenty years later, in The Remembrance of the Desire of a Soul, Thomas conveyed the wonder and uniqueness of the saint's life and vision with poetic power. Hardly had this work become known when Thomas composed a comprehensive, orderly view of extraordinary events in Francis' life, The Treatise on the Miracles. The three classic works appear here for the first time in one volume.
"Thomas of Celano’s early literary portraits of Francis bring us into intimate contact with the Poor Man of Assisi. These works exhibit that rare combination of charm and profundity. Every lover of Francis will treasure this volume."
Lawrence S. Cunningham
John A. O'Brien Professor of Theology The University of Notre Dame
|Author||Thomas of Celano|
|Publication Date||Sep 30, 2004|
- Francis of Assisi: Early Documents - Complete SetSpecial Price $132.64 Regular Price $165.80
- Francis of Assisi: Early Documents - IndexSpecial Price $14.36 Regular Price $15.95
- Francis of Assisi: Early Documents: Volume ISpecial Price $44.96 Regular Price $49.95
- Clare of Assisi: Early Documents - The LadySpecial Price $35.96 Regular Price $39.95
- Francis of Assisi: Early Documents: Volume IIISpecial Price $44.96 Regular Price $49.95
- Francis of Assisi: Early Documents: Volume IISpecial Price $44.96 Regular Price $49.95