This volume commemorates the 400th anniversary of St. Vincent de Paul’s “first sermon of the Mission.” He preached it in the parish church of Folleville, a small town in Picardy, in northern France, on 25 January 1617. It summarizes the four centuries of his Congregation of the Mission, based on six volumes of The Vincentians: A General History of the Congregation of the Mission (1625-1980). The numerous images here, both historical and contemporary, illuminate that rich history. It was written in English but is planned to appear in other languages.
Click here to see the Complete 7 Volume Set of the History of the Congregation
About the Author
John E. Rybolt, C.M., was born in Los Angeles, California. He entered the Congregation of the Mission in Perryville, Missouri, in 1959. After his ordination in 1967, he did further graduate work and received degrees in ministry, theology, and sacred scripture, including a Ph.D. in Biblical Studies from St. Louis University. He taught in the seminaries of the Western (later Midwest) province before initiating the Centre International de Formation (CIF), headquartered in Paris, France, designed for ongoing formation of members of the Congregation and the Vincentian Family. From 2003, he has been the historian of the Congregation, charged with continuing a general history of the Congregation begun in 1992. For this, he traveled widely to assemble materials for that history. As a Vincentian scholar-in-residence at DePaul University, he resides in Chicago, where he also does some parish ministry while continuing his research and writing.
|Author||John E. Rybolt, CM|
- The Vincentians - Volume 2Special Price $39.96 Regular Price $49.95
- The Vincentians - Volume 5Special Price $47.96 Regular Price $59.95
- The Vincentians - Volume 3Special Price $43.96 Regular Price $54.95
- The Vincentians - Volume 1Special Price $31.96 Regular Price $39.95
- The Vincentians - Volume 6Special Price $57.60 Regular Price $72.00
- The Vincentians - Volume 4Special Price $47.96 Regular Price $59.95