Thérèse of Lisieux's "Little Way"
Thérèse is loved by many. And deservedly so. This unassuming nun has been made a Doctor of the Church because her words have brought comfort and wisdom to people of all ages everywhere. The simplified vocabulary and sentence structure of this book make her thoughts available with art and gracefulness. Thérèse of Lisieux's Little Way for Everyone will delight and nourish all who read it.
Those who turn to spiritual classics for guidance and inspiration often find their style daunting. The original texts still have much to offer but their diction and idiom, chosen for another era and audience, pose an obstacle to many contemporary readers. Classics for Everyone aims to make some of the greatest Christian works accessible to all by retelling them in modern idiom.
About the Author
Elizabeth Ruth Obbard grew up in a military family. After completing her schooling in England and Germany, she felt the vocation to the Carmelite Order, in which she has lived for many years as a contemplative nun. She has written and illustrated several books, including Medieval Women Mystics and Teresa of Avila's "Way of Perfection."
|Author||Elizabeth Ruth Obbard|
|Publication Date||Oct 31, 2007|
- Living the Little Way of LoveSpecial Price $10.36 Regular Price $12.95
- The Path of Merciful LoveSpecial Price $11.96 Regular Price $14.95
- Medieval Women Mystics (new edition)Special Price $11.96 Regular Price $14.95
- 15 Days of Prayer with Saint Thérèse of LisieuxSpecial Price $10.36 Regular Price $12.95
- Woman MysticSpecial Price $7.96 Regular Price $9.95
- In search of GodSpecial Price $3.58 Regular Price $8.95