You Are Peter
In his encyclical, Ut unum sint, John Paul II called for common reflection on the function of papal primacy in the post-Vatican II era. With You Are Peter the great Orthodox theologian Olivier Clément responds to this request with characteristic brilliance. He summarizes the history and experience of the undivided Church, recalls the contrasting developments of eastern and western Christianity, and concludes with discussion of the tasks that call us to unity.
“Professor Clément’s response to John Paul II is solidly rooted in the Orthodox tradition, and represents the cordial and open mentality characteristic of the theologians of Saint Sergius. I would judge that it is almost exactly the kind of response for which Pope John Paul II was hoping. It is a pleasure to be able to present to English-speaking readers this concise, learned, and articulate presentation.... Professor Clément’s contribution is a beacon of hope for the future.”
Avery Cardinal Dulles, S.J.
From the Foreword
About the Author
Olivier Clément (1921-2009) was one of the foremost Orthodox theologians of his day. He taught at the Institute of St. Sergius at Paris and was a member of the Ecumenical Institute founded by L’Institut Catholique. His many works, published in various languages, cover a wide range of subjects including the best-selling Roots of Christian Mysticism and On Human Being.
|Publication Date||Jul 31, 2003|
- OrthodoxySpecial Price $27.96 Regular Price $34.95
- The Roots of Christian Mysticism, 2nd EditionSpecial Price $23.96 Regular Price $29.95
- On Human BeingSpecial Price $11.96 Regular Price $14.95
- 5 Steps to Living Christian UnitySpecial Price $3.96 Regular Price $4.95
- A Handbook of Spiritual EcumenismSpecial Price $7.96 Regular Price $9.95
- Living DialogueSpecial Price $7.96 Regular Price $9.95